So your body is getting older. Do your teeth have to get older too? Technically, the answer is yes. However, just like there are ways to keep the rest of your body looking and feeling young, there are ways to stave off the aging of your teeth. Here are some tips from our Smiley Dental & Orthodontics dental office:
– Try not to eat hard, especially old or stale foods that can possibly fracture your teeth.
– If traditional brushing or flossing becomes too hard, try an electric toothbrush or a water flosser.
– Discard such damaging habits opening packages with your teeth, chewing ice or your fingernails.
–Avoid smoking and tobacco and do everything you can to quit if you’ve already begun
– Plan and attend a professional cleaning and exam with Dr. every six months.
– Floss your teeth once every day and brush them twice a day.
– If you are an adventurer or athlete working to keep your body fit in your elder years, wear a mouth guard and other safety equipment that can help protect your teeth should accidents occur.
Is it time for that dental cleaning and exam, or are you looking to restore the health of your smile? You can call Dr. and our team at Smiley Dental & Orthodontics in Dallas, Texas by calling 866.949.1639. We look forward to your call.